Vocal : Vani Satish
Violin : Mathur Srinidhi
Mrudangam : C Cheluvaraju
Ghatam : Ranganath Chakravarthy
01. vanajAksha ninnE kOri (varNam) – mandAri – Mysore Vasudevachar
02. SrI chAmuNDESwari tava pAda bhaktim dEhi – kannaDa – Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar ( A,S )
03. pULu challarE puNDarIkAkshu nI pai – Anandabhairavi – Mysore Sadashiva Rao ( O )
04. pAkArinuta parama pAvana – rishabhapriya – Veena Krishnamachari ( A,S )
05. tribhuvana jananI tribhuvana pAlini – manOranjani – Bellari Seshagiri Achar ( O )
06. nArAyaNa ninnA nAmada – sudha dhanyAsi – Purandara Dasa ( O )
07. ratna kanchuka dhAriNi – kAmbOji – Muthaiah Bhagavathar ( A,N,S,T )
neraval & swara @’ mandagamanOllAsini dEvEndranutE mrudubhAshiNi’
08. nInoLidare koraDu – dwijAvanti – Basavanna ( O )
09. ugabhOga ( dIna nAnu samastha lOkage ) – dEsh – Kanaka Dasa
kula kula kulavennu tiharu – dEsh – Kanaka Dasa
10. thillAna ( tadara tani udana tOm tOm dru dhiraNA ) – rEvati – Bellari Seshagiri Achar
11. mangaLam jayamangaLam – madhyamAvathi – Purandara Dasa
Concluding concert of the three day ‘Karnataka Vaibhava’ by Vani Satish was a fitting finale to the fair. True to the spirit of the evening, as in the case of Shankar, Vid Vani Satish arrayed a large selection of composers and many not often heard kritis. On her part, she and the team delivered a solid concert with great insistence on sahitya both the lyrical and aesthetic aspect.
Started with a brisk varnam in mandari , she quickly moved on to a fairly detailed kannaDa alapana. That was two in two consecutive days of kannaDa ragam, with Bangalore Brothers decided to sing a Muthaiah Bhagavathers ‘chamundamba ashtothara kriti’ the previous evening. Her alapana was good so was the delicate return from Srinidhi. Wodeyar’s kriti was added with few rounds of kalpana swaras. A very moving Anandabhairavi composition of Mysore Sadashiva Rao was very pleasing.
A detailed alapana in rishabhapriya yet again ( a couple of days back Shankar presented a Bidaram Krishnappa kriti) , done very well by both vocal and violin artists. Veena Krishnamachar’s kriti ( she announced) probably was new for many. Nice composition to hear for a first time listener. She sang a detailed kalpana swara as well. Her guru’s manoranjani composition ( very good) and Purandara Dasa’s nArAyaNa ninna ( not so impressed) came in before the main.
Muthaiah Bhagavathar’s ratna kanchuka dharini was to be the main. Elaborate alapana of kamboji followed. Initial slow phrases were very good. Mathur Srinidhi did a good job in his turn. HMBs kriti has a nice charm. I like the neraval line. Vani Satish did a good job with the neraval. Nice word play around ‘Ullasini’, ‘mrudubhashini’ were good to hear. Another elaborate ‘swara prasthana’ did justice to the main. Cheluvaraju and Ranganatha Chakravarthy played out a good tani avartanam.
Post main had a Basavanna vachana followed by an ugabhoga and kriti of Kanaka Dasa, set to tune by the vidushi herself. Concert concluded with a beautiful thillana in rEvati composed by Bellari Seshagiri Achar. Nice finish to a commendable three day event. Get to hear a lot many new kritis and for a listener this was kind of a refresher from the usual kritis and composers.