Vocal : V R Dileepkumar
Violin : Edappally Ajith
Mrudangam : Palakkad Maheshkumar
Ghatam : Sreejith
01. ninnE bhajana – nAtta – Thyagaraja ( S )
02. SrI vaLLi dEvasEnApatE – naTa bhairavi – Papanasam Sivan
03. evarUrA ninnu vinA – mOhanam – Thyagaraja
04. SrInivAsa tiru venkaTa – hamsAnandi – Papanasam Sivan ( A,S )
05. kanna tanri nApai – dEva manOhari – Thyagaraja
06. SaraguNa pAlimpa – kEdAragauLa – Ramanathapuram Srinivasa Iyengar ( A,N,S,T)
neraval & swara @ ‘ manmadha janaka maharshamunaku nikEtana mahanIya srInivAsa ninnu’
07. bArO krishnayya – mAND – Kanaka Dasa
08. nanda nandana nanda nagarE – dEsh – Lalita Dasa ( A )
09. thillAna ( taka tajanu dhImta) – mOhana kalyANi – Lalgudi Jayaraman
10. slOkam ( mangaLam OsalEndrAya) – surutti
Third concert of his, this month each being very good in its own way. This concert at a private function started earlyin the morning, concluded before noon.
Dileep started the morning with the natta kriti, pretty effortlessly and followed up with few rounds of kalpana swarams, with some nice return by Ajith. Natabhairavi and mohanam came soon, however, I thought his voice opened up only during the hamsanandi alapana that followed ( could be because of the early morning concert and his all night travel). The second half of the detailed alapana was very good, so was the kriti and the detailed swara that followed. After a quick filer, came the grand kedaragaula. A detailed alapana and my personal favorite ‘saraguna palimpa’ in its majesty. Both neraval and swara were fabulous.
The accompanying artists did a good job in ‘scorching sunlight’ on their faces and not so comfortable seating. Ajith was following Dileep in all his contours of exposition and Mahesh showed a lot of anticipation.
Post main had a short alapana of desh and a not heard before kriti of Lalita dasa. Ha concluded the concert with a thillana in Mohanakalyani before the mangala slokam.