Vocal : Sumitra Vasudev
Violin : B K Raghu
Mrudangam : B C Manjunath
Ghatam : S N Narayanamurthy
01. varNam – SyAma –
02. mahA gaNapatim – gauLa – ( S )
03. sItamma mAyamma – vasantha – Thyagaraja – I reached during this
04. hariyE sarOthama – bEgaDa – Purandara Dasa ( A,N,S)
neraval & swara @ nAgashayana bhOgi bhUshaNa vandita’
05. viruttam ( yetra yetra raghunAtha kIrtanam) – ranjani
praNamAmyaham srI prANanAtham – ranjani – Mysore Vasudevacharya
06. nannu viDachi – rItigauLa – Thyagaraja ( A )
07. kanakavElA kumAra – srI – Koteeswara Iyer
08. bAlagOpAla pAlayAshu mAm – bhairavi – Dikshitar ( A,N,S,T)
neraval & swara @ ‘ nIla nIrada sharIra krishNA’
09. slOkam ( kastUri tilakam lalAta) – rAgamAlika ( sAvEri, kIravANi, behAg, kApi , AbhEri /bhImplAs )
gOkula nilaya krupAlaya pAlaya – AbhEri ( karNAtaka dEvagAndhAri) – Mysore Vasudevacharya
10. mangaLam – saurAshtram – Thyagaraja
This lady is highly talented. It was evident in the concert she presented at the Nadasurabhi , yesterday. Her reetigaula and begada alapana, the main bhairavi were of high caliber. The selection of krithis and ragas, the way she mixed things and delivered were very good. The neraval for Begada and Bhairavi, the ranjani viruttam followed with a rare Mysore Vasudevacharya krithi, the fast paced Koteeswara Iyer song, the ragamalika slokam post main, were all done beautifully.
B K Raghu was also chipping in with some nice alapana for bhairavi, and his following the main artist was good through out ( except may be in rItigaula where I thought he did not bring outthe same feel what Sumitra was doing). B C Manjunath was brilliant through out, shwed a lot of anticipation and energy to lift the concert. The percussion duo continued with a good TaniAvartanam.
Post main was very short with a ragamalika slokam and another rare MV kriti. It was one fine concert by Sumitra and the team.